Ballynahinch v Carryduff Colts U14 A

Ballynahinch 4 - 4 Carryduff Colts U14 A
26 Sep 2015 - 09:00Henry Jones Pitch 1
A good performance against last years league winners.
Ballynahinch took the lead against the run of play when a long ball wasnt dealt with. Carryduff had 3 chances to clear before striker rounded Ewan in goals before slotting home. The midfield of Harry, Jamie, Declan, Joe and Matthew O’Rourke were dominating and creating lots of chances for Rory Timoney who was a constant threat all game. It was only a matter of time before Carryduff equalised with a superbly taken goal from Declan Magee who skipped past a couple of drfenders before going past the keeper and finishing fron an acute angle.
The second quickly followed when a super through ball from Odhran Sherry put Rory through on goal from the edge of the box he fired across the keeper into the corner of the net. The third goal came just on half time, a scrappy goal came after great play between Joseph Tunney and Harry Graham which freed Declan down the left who cut in and forced the keeper to make a great save only to push the ball into the air, Declan and Rory both jumped to head with Declan beating Rory to score and make it 3 – 1 just before half time .
After the break Ballynahinch came out firing and made it 3-2 with a good finish after a long hopeful ball. However, Carryduff went up the other end and after super play from Eamon Swail down the left Rory Timoney had Jamie  to thank for a tap in at the back post to make it 4-2. At this point Carryduff were really playing some super one touch football and creating plenty of chances.
Ballynahinch were digging in and Carryduff couldn’t stretch the lead and conceded a free kick outside their box which Ewan did well to get his hand to, only for the striker to follow up and make it 4 – 3. Tjis made for a nervous finish and after Man of the match Declan Magee went of injured to be replaced by Ryan Miskelly Carryduff still looked dangerous with Ryans pace down the right. Carryduff just couldnt find the final pass and kill the game off as Eamon Swail came off injured to be replaced with Niall Tunney who was creating chances down the left with some mazy runs. Just before the final whistle Ballynahinch got a free kick on the right and played a super ball into Carryduff’s box which was met with a firm header to equalise and make it 4 – 4 . 
Carryduff played really well and were disappointed with the result but not the performance. If they can cut out individual errors then another good season lies ahead.
Ewan Wilson (gk), Eamon Swail, Odhran Sherry, Aidan Martin (captain,) Jude Lynam, Joseph Tunney, Matthew O’Rourke, Jamie Wilkinson, Harry Graham ,Declan Magee, Rory Timoney, Ryan Miskelly, Rory Gorman, Niall Tunney ,Gary Topping, Matthew Winchester, Matthew McTavish 
Goal scorers
Rory Timoney – 2
Declan Magee – 2 
Man of match 
Declan Magee