U-15Bs beat Bangor

Carryduff U15B  4 – 1 Bangor Rangers

Friday 16th Feb at Bangor FC

Carryduff kit sponsored by Camtec Solutions

Carryduff came in to this match in confident mood after their recent victory over Comber A. We started brightly and were quickly on the front foot. Jamie burst in to the area in the 2nd minute and fired a stinging shot which the keeper managed to palm away, however the ball found its way to Conor arriving unmarked at the right side of the 18yd area. He controlled the ball and passed into the empty net for a quick lead.

We continued to retain possession and soon Max had doubled our lead when he spotted the keeper off his line and chipped him from about 25yds!

This could have been a very different game if the Bangor strikers had their shooting boots on, as they found themselves breaking through our back line several times but either unable to find the target, or Jack confidently saved. We were very good going forward but looked shaky in defence. We held on to our lead until halftime.

The second half started as the first finished with Bangor really pressing and they deservedly got a goal back and really looked to have their tails up.

Tony was brought back on for the last 15 minutes, but instead of playing in defensive midfield, we opted to push him into attack to utilise his strength and pace. It turned out to be the decision that decided the outcome.

A ball played out from left back saw their right back expecting to control and start a new attack, however Tony sprinted forward and stole the ball. His pace was unbelievable to see and the shocked responses from the opposition bench was understandable (Tony is after all an all Ireland indoor sprint champion!). He sprinted towards the byline and crossed into the area for Jamie to tap home and restore our 2 goal lead.

Bangor had no option now but to try to push on and left themselves open to counter-attack, which duly happened.

A poor back pass from the Bangor left midfield to the left back who wasn’t there as he’d pushed forward. With the ball rolling into empty space, Tony needed no invitation and had burst from midfield to seize the loose ball. He drove forward from the right and looked up for a pass into the area… no-one from either team could keep up, so he took charge of the situation and bent a shot beyond the keeper and into the left hand side of the goal.

Final score a little flattering perhaps, but 4-1 win and another 3 well needed points!

Leave a Reply

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.