Carryduff Colts U16 A 3 v 3 Woodvale

Carryduff Colts U16 A 3 - 3 Woodvale
28 Nov 2015Hydebank

Yet another set and windy day, but the lads came out of the blocks firing, In their first attack Michael Lawson on the left took a great touch and turn playing a pin point pass to Caolan Cunningham who played the ball inside the box to the excellent Tommy Connery who cut inside the defender and smashed the ball into the bottom corner, 1:0 to the Colts and only 2 minutes in the clock.

Woodvale pushed hard with a the gale at their backs, and a slip up on the halfway allowed Woodvale to play a ball into the box with their striker able to get to the ball before Eoin and chip the ball into the net, 1:1 and only 10 minutes gone.

Rory Reilly and Ryan Tweedy were spreading the ball really well, and following another excellent move Rory played an excellent through ball for Caolan Cunningham to run on to and as the Woodvale keeper came out he made a brave challenge and tucked the ball into the net, Colts now on top 2:1. Tommy Connery and Caolan Cunningham continued their high energy and pressing the Woodvale defence, and holding up the ball really well, and excellent example of hard work paying off.

As the first half progressed the Colts looked very solid at the back with Jonny Wilson controlling things and well supported by Leo MCGowan and Peter Duncan. The Colts continued to press and after another fine piece of play Caolan Cunningham squared the ball to Donal Healy to tap the ball into the net, but out of nowhere the impressive Woodvale keeper made a flying dive to hold the goal bound shot, what a save!

The 2nd half continued in the same vein as the first with the Colts pressing hard for a third, and it came with about 15 minutes gone, Rory hit another excellent free kick from about 30 yards and yet again the Woodvale keeper made another world class stop, but Jonny Wilson was the most awake smashing the rebound in, 3:1 to the Colts and coasting.

With about 10 minutes to go the Colts again slipped up giving the ball away cheaply, and a deep cross to the back post resulted in an easy header to make it 3:2. Rory again had another thunderbolt free kick from even further out than the last one, this time it smashed against the bar, but then disaster!!! the Colts again gave the ball away on their left side and another deep cross was palmed out by Eoin and Woodvale tucked in the rebound, 3:3 how did that happen?!

With 5 minutes to go the Colts picked up the pressure, and as Ryan Tweedy burst into the box he was floored by the Woodvale defender, surely a penalty……. NO, an indirect free kick was strangle given by the ref, but again the lads pushed, and with only seconds to go a great move down the right resulted in Peter Duncan just about catching the ball on the by-line, pulled back for a great cross for Caolan Cunningham to score the winner, but no the Woodvale keeper saved again, but, Caolan got to his feet first to tuck in the rebound……winning goal!!! BUT NO!! The ref decided to blow for an offside against Caolan???? one of the worst last minute decisions to be witnessed, a truly poor decision costing the lads a really well deserved three points!

Final score 3:3

Man of The Match: Tommy Connery