St.Patricks 1 v 4 Carryduff Colts U14 A

St.Patricks 1 - 4 Carryduff Colts U14 A
27 Feb 2016Mallusk 10
A slow start from Carryduff allowed St.Patricks an early oppourtunity the striker tried to chip Ewan Wilson in goals but the ball just dropped over the bar from the edge of the area.
St.Patricks then took the lead when a ball down the right was pulled back from the by line and the forward tapped home for 1- 0.
This seemed to spark us into life and the lead didnt last very long Declan Magee scored directly from a corner to level up the scores, we were playing some good football and looked dangerous up front Rory Timoney was having a great game causing the St.Patricks left back all sorts of problems.
We took a deserved lead when from a throw in deep inside St.Patricks half Jamie Wilkinson scored with a good strike from a tight angle.
With us 2-1 up we really started to play Joseph Tunney, Rhys Worthington and Harry Graham in midfield where running the game and creating plenty of chances and it looked only a matter of time before we would score a third.
Rory Timoney scored our third goal after beating two defenders on the edge of the box he then slotted into the corner of the net giving the keeper no chance.
St.Patricks had a chance just before half time which Ewan in goal made a good save going to his left to keep a healthy two goal lead.
After half time St.Patricks came out all guns blazing but the defence of Aidan Martin, Matthew O’Rourke , Odhran Sherry and Jamie Wilkinson dealt superbly with every attack and didnt allow St.Patricks back in the game.
Harry Graham was bossing the midfield and linking the play with Gary Topping, Rory Timoney and the excellent Declan Magee looking dangerous everytime we attacked.
We should have had a fourth when Jamie Wilkinson struck a post after a super run down the left he held off the defender and hit a good effort with his left foot  which came back of the post with the keeper beaten.
Harry Graham then hit the bar after the keeper made a good save from Rory Timoney the ball fell to Harry 25 yards out he chipped the keeper and  the ball hit the underside of the bar and looked to be over the line but the referee waved play on.
We made some changes Eamon Swail came on for Rhys Worthington and Joe Tolan for man of the match Declan Magee ,  Niall Tunney for Odhran Sherry  and Matthew McTavish for the injured Gary Topping however the tempo of our play  didnt drop.
 Joe Tolan played a super ball Through for Rory Timoney who forced the keeper into a good save, Joe was unlucky not to get on the score sheet himself after a good run down the left he toe poked an effort just wide of the far post.
Rory then made the game safe with his second after a lovely touch from Matthew McTavish sent Rory clear of the defender he skipped past the keeper before firing home from a tight angle to make it 4-1.
Squad: Ewan Wilson, Aidan Martin, Matthew O’Rourke, Odhran Sherry, Jamie Wilkinson, Rhys Worthington, Harry Graham, Joseph Tunney, Declan Magee, Gary Topping, Rory Timone , Niall Tunney, Eamon Swail, Joe Tolan, Matthew McTavish 
Goal scorers: Declan Magee, Jamie Wilkinson, Rory Timoney – 2 
Man of the match: Declan Magee – back to his best after a long lay off from injury looked a big threat today with his trickery and directness.